Limited Income Assistance
Limited Income Spay and Neuter Vouchers
Panhandle Animal Shelter offers assistance to individuals who have limited income and need help spaying or neutering their cat or dog. Eligibility is determined by the number of people in the household and gross annual income. The process to see if you qualify is fast and easy. Once qualified, you will be provided pricing on discounted spay or neuter procedures at participating veterinarians. For dogs, we will need a current weight. If needed, you can bring your dog to the shelter where we can weigh your dog at the time you come in to pick up and pay for your voucher. Vouchers can be issued the same day where you will then contact the veterinary hospital to set up your pet’s appointment. Please call the shelter at (208) 265-7297 ext. 100 for more details.
The benefits of spaying and neutering:
- By spaying or neutering your cat or dog, you are helping to prevent unwanted pet births, reducing the number of stray animals and decreasing the number of pets entering into animal shelters.
- Spaying or neutering your cat or dog not only reduces shelter intake, but it will enhance the life of your four-legged friend!
- Spaying or neutering decreases the risk of certain cancers and other diseases.
- Spaying or neutering decreases the chances of your pet roaming, keeping them safe at home.
- Spaying or neutering can reduce or eliminate males from marking objects with urine and females will not have heat cycles.
- Spaying or neutering can curb undesirable behaviors such as fighting or biting.