Volunteers make a difference!
Interested in helping homeless cats and dogs?
As a nonprofit, the Panhandle Animal Shelter and the Friends of the Shelter Thrift Store rely on volunteers for day-to-day operations as well as special events.
Volunteers are always needed and they are appreciated for the variety of skills they bring to PAS. We strive to match volunteers to the positions which will not only meet the needs of PAS, but also will be the best fit for an individual’s skills and abilities. Regardless of your age, abilities, or skills, we appreciate your interest in becoming a part of the PAS team.
Why volunteer for PAS?
- It’s rewarding. Whether you walk a dog, clean kennels, do yard maintenance, or greet visitors and potential adopters, you are helping cats and dogs in our community. Every job is important and helps PAS to provide for the animals currently in our care as well as to expand what we can do for those who will come to us in the future.
- You are part of a team. Volunteers work with a team of staff and other volunteers who are committed to the wellbeing of dogs and cats in our community.
- Volunteering for PAS is flexible. We will work with you to create a schedule that is comfortable for you and fits your schedule.
- We have volunteer programs for kids and teens. We have developed several volunteer programs to help introduce kids and teens to volunteering.
If you would like to volunteer, click here to complete our Volunteer Application Packet.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the volunteer coordinator at: email@example.com
Volunteer at the Shelter:
- Providing front desk support
- Walking dogs / play groups
- Sorting, folding and doing laundry
- Grooming / bathing / brushing / socializing
- Cleaning cat / dog areas and/or other areas
- Feeding and watering dogs or cats
- Completing grounds / facility maintenance
- And more!
Volunteer in the Thrift Shop:
- Sorting, cleaning, and pricing merchandise
- Cashiering / assisting customers
- Cleaning and dusting store
- Providing maintenance and repairs
- And more!
Volunteer for special events:
- PAS holds regular adoption events and fund raisers. Volunteers with a variety of skills and commitment levels are always needed for these events.
Other volunteer opportunities:
- Veterinary Services
- Legal Services
- Grant writing
- Committee Member
These lists are not all-inclusive so please contact us for more information!